Upper School Key Club Members Attend Convention
Written by Mrs. Kara Hymel
The Montverde Academy Key Club attended the Key Club District Convention at the Rosen Shingle Creek resort recently. With more than 2,200 students from all over Florida attending, our students learned a great deal of information and represented MVA well. They enjoyed trainings, speakers and socializing with other club members to share experiences for a better understanding of Key Club and insight that helps build a stronger club at MVA.
Our delegates included:
- Amber Morgan, senior, served as the Co-Chair for the entire convention. She put on a wonderful, safe event full of educational and inspirational activities. She also won the J Walker Field Scholarship of $100 and the Leader of Leaders Award.
- Belle France, sophomore, was elected Lieutenant Governor for our entire division. She will be responsible for supporting and growing the Key Clubs within our division and serve as a liaison between the District and the Club. Her duties include publishing a newsletter, providing Club Officer training and support, holding divisional meetings, and serving on one or more District Committees.
- Natalie Babinski, sophomore, won the Pride Report Submission Award for her work as secretary.
- Alia Rodriguez, senior, won Distinguished Club Vice President.
- MVA Key Club won the Club Membership Growth Award.
Congratulations students and keep up the good work. A special thanks to Mrs. Margaret Price, Mrs. Marcia Bernatavitz, and Mr. David Bernatavitz for making the DCON trip happen.
Pictured above are: Xavier Williams (Upcoming Secretary), Amber Morgan (DCON Co-Chair), Natalie Babinski (Former Secretary, Upcoming Webmaster), Belle France (Upcoming Lieutenant Governor), and Coen Woodland (Upcoming Vice President)