The Admission Committee evaluates applicants on the basis of the application form, the applicant’s academic and social history, school and teacher recommendations, a personal interview, and admission test scores. Criteria for admission also depends on an applicant’s ability and desire to commit to Montverde Academy and its challenging academic, college preparatory program.
Montverde Academy admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available to students at the Academy. Montverde Academy does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, national, and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, athletic, and other school-administered programs.
Special consideration is given to qualified children of faculty, alumni, and siblings currently attending the Academy.
* The Application Fee is non-refundable.
** All Lower School applicants must be potty trained.
*** Lower School application deadline is December 31.
The Admission Assessment for applicants applying for Pre-K3 through fifth grade is scheduled individually by the Admission Office once an application has been submitted. Applicants will take an in-house assessment hosted on the Montverde Academy campus. Applicants for grades six through twelve are required to register for the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Scores are submitted by the testing agency. SSAT registration and test information is available at www.ssat.org or call SSAT at 609.683.4440. The Montverde Academy SSAT code number is 5160.
If an applicant has taken the PSAT, ACT, or SAT, please submit the test score to the Admission Office. We recommend that international applicants to submit a TOEFL test score. The Montverde Academy TOEFL code number is 3628.
International applicants are welcome to take the Duolingo English Test (DET). The exam uses computer-adaptive testing, meaning the questions will automatically adapt to each test-takers’ ability, generating a different set of questions for every session. The exam requires the Google Chrome browser and your computer’s self-facing camera and microphone. The testing session is recorded and verified by a Duolingo proctor, and the results are available within 48 hours. After a student completes the test, they can select “send results” and Montverde Academy is on the site’s drop-down list.
All applicants are required to submit school transcripts to the Enrollment Management Office.
- Lower School – Applicants for third through fifth grade must supply official report cards for the past three years. Applicants for first and second grade must supply official report cards for the past year or two years.
- Middle School – A copy of official previous (two years) and current (first trimester or first semester) school transcripts, including prior year’s standardized testing results (if applicable) and attendance information.
- Upper School – A copy of official school transcripts from eighth through twelfth grade, including prior year’s standardized testing (if applicable) and attendance information.
- International Students – All international students must submit two copies of their transcripts: one copy in the native language, and one copy translated into English. NOTE: If you need assistance finding a company to translate transcripts, please contact the Enrollment Management Office.