What is my school email address?
Students and staff are encouraged to check their email daily as this is the most efficient way to get information out to various groups or individuals. To maintain some anonymity, student email addresses are derived from the last four digits of their student ID plus their first name initial and last name initial. They carry the @student.montverde.org suffix so that they are easily identified as a student (ie 4321FL@student.montverde.org).
Employee email addresses, on the other hand, include the employee’s first name followed by a period and their last name. The suffix for employees is @montverde.org (ie firstname.lastname@example.org)
Because the Academy expects you to check your email regularly, you have the following options available to you:
1. On the web: Students and staff can browse to http://email.montverde.org from any browser to log in and view and compose email messages. This option is very popular with students who are accustomed to checking their personal email on sites such as Gmail or YahooMail.
2. Through an email client: Students and staff can use various mail clients such as Outlook, Live Mail, Mac Mail or Thunderbird. By choosing the Exchange type of service and adding your email address in the respective setup field, the email client automatically discover the mail server settings. This option is popular with adults who are accustomed to checking email in the workplace.
3. On a phone: Students and staff can have anytime access by checking their mail on their web-enabled cell phone. By choosing the Exchange type of service and adding your email address in the respective setup field, the phone app should automatically discover the mail server settings. This option is popular with adults who are accustomed to checking email in the workplace.
The iOS has proven to be the easiest mobile device to set up with our Montverde email. To set up mail on the iOS, please do the following:
- Click the Settings app on the device
- Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Click on Add Account…
- Choose Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your email address and password in the respective field (option: change the description to Montverde)
- Click Save
That is all there is to it!
First try the auto configuration, if that does not work, use the following values to manually configure the account.
- Email address: Your Montverde email address in the form
- Server address: outlook.office365.com
- User name: Same as Email Address in the form
- Password: Your Montverde email password
- Check the box “This server requires an encrypted SSL connection”
- Domain: Leave it blank.