- Dinner, movie, or mall and shopping trip on Friday night
- Major theme park, athletic game, theatre show, or festival trip on Saturday
- One trip from one of the previous two groups on Sunday
Most trips are charged to the students’ account, and generally are able to get a good group discount. Faculty members are assigned to “weekend teams” before the school year, and act as chaperones on the trips and within the open facilities on campus.
With our convenient Central Florida location, Montverde Academy students have a wealth of activities, including:
- Theme parks — Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Blizzard Beach, Busch Gardens, etc.
- Malls and entertainment centers — Universal City Walk, Downtown Disney, the Florida Mall, Prime Outlets, Premium Outlets, Mall at Millenia, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.
- Sporting events—Orlando Magic, Orlando Predators, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Rays and more
- Music and Theatre shows—Bob Carr Theatre and Amway Center
If a student does not wish to go on an off-campus trip, there is plenty to do here on campus. Montverde Academy is extremely fortunate to have a very nice student center complete with DirecTV, a 60″ HD TV and carries as snacks and food similar to most convenience stores. On Friday and Saturday nights, the student center becomes busy with students who are want to watch a movie or hang out and socialize with friends.
The Academy’s gymnasium and weight-room are also opened at various times throughout the weekend, allowing students to play basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, etc. The school’s state-of-the-art fitness center is also well used by students and faculty on the weekends. It is not uncommon to see twenty students engaged in a pick-up game of soccer on the soccer field, a handful of students practicing their swings on the baseball field, students playing tennis on the courts, or runners on the track trying to shave precious minutes from their personal bests. In the warmer months the swimming pool is open where students can sunbathe or swim. In addition to the swimming pool, the students can take advantage of the Academy dock. Here students can canoe, fish, swim, or take advantage of the boat and practice their wake boarding skills, or maybe knee board.
As you can see, Montverde Academy does not close down on the weekends; in fact, it is getting “revved up”. Why go anywhere else on the weekends, students have more than enough to keep them busy right here on campus.