Montverde Academy has been accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) since 1927. In addition, Montverde Academy is one of very few schools in the state of Florida to have also earned accreditation from the Florida Council of Independent Schools, the Southern Association of Independent Schools, and the Florida Kindergarten Council.
“To achieve accreditation, a school must meet the appropriate set of standards specifically designed for the level and type of school. An accredited school is expected to demonstrate adherence to the standards by annually reviewing and reporting to SACS-CASI its status regarding the standards. Also, at least once every five years, a school must present evidence to a Quality Assurance Review Team that the school is in compliance with the standards.
In evaluating the school’s capacity to meet the accreditation standards, school officials should use the Standards Assessment Tool that is available for download at www.sacscasi.org. For each of the ten standards, a brief narrative outlining the school’s current capacity to meet the standard should be prepared and included in the documentation for the Quality Assurance Review.”
A Quality Assurance Review is conducted jointly between SACS, FCIS, SAIS, and FKC.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
- Association of Independent School Admission Professionals (AISAP) – (Founding Members)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Educational Records Bureau (ERB)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- The Council for Spiritual and Ethical Education (CSEE)
- Secondary School Admission Test Board (SSATB)
- South Lake Chamber of Commerce
- Gold Seal Award