Last semester, before Montverde Academy’s current Christmas break began, Lower School faculty and staff, along with 5th grade parents, attended MVA’s annual Heritage Day Celebration! The event was held inside McQuaig Gymnasium and allowed Montverde Academy fifth grade students to share their ethnicity and cultural heritage through art projects, food, photos and displays of drawings of their respective homelands. As part of their assignment, each student created a “Heritage Notebook” filled with information about their individual legacies and traditions. The students worked very hard on their display projects and were excited to share what they learned about their heritage.
- Vocal Students Move to Next Round of Florida Vocal All-State Musicianship Exam
- Meet the Eagle Team: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Joe Dinmore
- Celebrated Author Thomas Pierce to Visit MVA
- Mr. Claassen Plays in Pulse Nightclub Tragedy Benefit Concert – One Voice Orlando
- Music Department Grows Program with Eight New Pianos
- Frezghi Noel ’17 Gives Back with Soccer With Dignity Nonprofit
- MVA Powerlifting Athletes Travel to Peru for Community Service
- Meet the Eagle Team: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Roberta Emerson
- K-Kids Raise $4,000 for New Beginnings
- Making a Difference – Mrs. Treweek Helps Students Shine in AP Exams
- Coming Up!