Montverde Academy sophomore Sydney Johnson-Scharpf had a very successful summer. She recently competed in her age-division at the USA Gymnastics Championships and successfully qualified to join the Jr. National Team! What makes this accomplishment even more extraordinary, is that Sydney was only 1 of 6 girls named to the team. She will now represent the USA in international competitions. This year is an Olympic year too, and Sydney will be vying for a spot on the Olympic team. If Sydney’s name sounds familiar, her mother, Mrs. Brandy Johnson-Scharpf, represented the USA Gymnastics’ team at the 1988 Olympics – held in Seoul, South Korea, and she competed at the 1989 World Championships before retiring from gymnastics. She now operates the Brandy Johnson’s Global Gymnastics, located in Clermont, Florida.
- Middle School thespians earn top ratings at Florida State Jr. International Thespian Festival
- BFM study concentration hosts finance and investment extraordinaire W. Greg Holden
- MVA hosts 15th Annual Academic Tournament
- Eagles bring home multiple honorable mentions at 44th Annual High School Model UN conference
- Strings and Vocal students receive multiple ‘Superior’ and ‘Excellent’ scores at district competitions
- MVA Robotics Team takes top honors at Last Chance Battle Royale competition
- MVA students take top three spots in SAR Oration Contest
- Middle School Robotics League prepares for state competition
- Don’t miss ‘The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee!’
- Seventh-grade student Tyler Fricker wins MVA Spelling Bee
- Coming up!