Montverde Academy sophomore Sydney Johnson-Scharpf had a very successful summer. She recently competed in her age-division at the USA Gymnastics Championships and successfully qualified to join the Jr. National Team! What makes this accomplishment even more extraordinary, is that Sydney was only 1 of 6 girls named to the team. She will now represent the USA in international competitions. This year is an Olympic year too, and Sydney will be vying for a spot on the Olympic team. If Sydney’s name sounds familiar, her mother, Mrs. Brandy Johnson-Scharpf, represented the USA Gymnastics’ team at the 1988 Olympics – held in Seoul, South Korea, and she competed at the 1989 World Championships before retiring from gymnastics. She now operates the Brandy Johnson’s Global Gymnastics, located in Clermont, Florida.
- MVA students sing in prestigious Middle School All-Honors choir
- New Middle School students welcomed at Transition Night
- Don’t miss the sixth annual MAST tournament!
- Alumni Spotlight: Phuong Ha ’11
- MVA robotics league makes great strides in first year
- Eighth-grader T.J. Eubank wins Geography Bee
- Cleveland Indians shortstop, and MVA alum, Francisco Lindor speaks to MVA
- Middle School thespian students take top honors at District Competition
- Conservatory students bring holiday cheer to the community
- 2016 ‘Lessons and Carols’ performance draws over 1500 guests
- Coming up!