Montverde Academy sophomore Sydney Johnson-Scharpf had a very successful summer. She recently competed in her age-division at the USA Gymnastics Championships and successfully qualified to join the Jr. National Team! What makes this accomplishment even more extraordinary, is that Sydney was only 1 of 6 girls named to the team. She will now represent the USA in international competitions. This year is an Olympic year too, and Sydney will be vying for a spot on the Olympic team. If Sydney’s name sounds familiar, her mother, Mrs. Brandy Johnson-Scharpf, represented the USA Gymnastics’ team at the 1988 Olympics – held in Seoul, South Korea, and she competed at the 1989 World Championships before retiring from gymnastics. She now operates the Brandy Johnson’s Global Gymnastics, located in Clermont, Florida.
- 2016 ‘Lessons and Carols’ performance draws over 1500 guests
- MVA gives back this holiday season and all year round
- Class of 2017 receives 56 fall college acceptances
- MVA thespians take home excellent and superior marks from District III Festival
- Meet the Eagle team: 10 things you didn’t know about Brian Hand
- Girls Varsity Soccer revels in hard-fought win against Viera High School
- MVA Swimmers compete at FHSAA State Championship meet
- “13: the Musical” nominated for 17 Dr. Phillips Center Applause Awards
- Three Montverde Academy Athletes Commit to College Basketball
- MVA students donate 66 pounds of Halloween candy to troops
- Coming up!