Montverde Academy’s 13th Annual Summer Day Camp has been a positive an overwhelming success! The weekly camp sessions began Monday, June 22, 2015, and will run through Friday, August 7th. The 2015 MVA summer camp sessions have been happening every Monday through Friday (from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.) for boys and girls in grades Pre-K4 through 8 (campers entering Pre-K4 through grade 8 during the 2015-2016 school year). As summer camp sessions come to a close in August, Mr. Jerry Matos, Montverde Academy’s Dean of Students, recently wrote parents, “We are delighted your child has joined us this summer for 2015 Montverde Academy Summer Camp, and appreciate the opportunity to spend this time with your children. We are working to improve our parent communications by contacting our camper families to advise them of the upcoming activities for this week. If your child is no longer participating, please disregard this information and enjoy the rest of your summer!” Tomorrow through Friday will feature three great activities:
- Tuesday, July 28 – we will be going to Clermont Bowling, the cost is included in your camp fees. Wednesday, July 29 – we will be attending the Crayola Experience. This field trip is an additional fee of $20.00. If you wish for your child to attend, please send the payment in a Ziploc bag with your child’s name and group number by Tuesday July 28. Clermont Bowling Center, located in Clermont, Florida. According to their website, “Whether you are coming in for one of our many events, joining a league, or having a birthday or corporate party, there is always something to do for your entertainment dollar. Rely on us to provide a family friendly establishment for entertainment, recreation, or athletic competition
- Wednesday, July 29 – Campers will enjoy “Crayola Experience of Orlando” – located in the Florida Mall. Their website states, “Crayola Experience is Orlando’s newest family attraction that only Crayola can create, designed to be a full day of hands-on creative play and colorful fun! It’s where every child’s creation is wonderfully unique – just like them! Discover the magic of color with 25 hands-on attractions. Here, you’re always encouraged to let your creativity run free, to color outside the lines and to play, explore, and learn.”
- Friday, July 31 – will be our Big Water Fun Day. Please make certain to bring sunscreen.
WHAT TO WEAR?
- Camp t-shirts daily (additional shirts can be purchased at a cost of $10.00 each)
- Athletic type shoes (no flip flops/sandals/clogs, crocs, etc.)
- Bring or wear swim suits under camp shirts/shorts (swimming daily)
- Apply sunscreen at home (pack for reapplication)
- Shoes with wheels built in are NOT permitted at camp
- PLEASE LABEL ALL CLOTHING
WHAT TO BRING?
- Backpack should be brought daily for swimming gear
- Bring your bikes, scooters, skateboards, rollerblades etc.-(Helmet and pads required)
- Fishing pole (bait – no lures/casting)
- Swimming goggles
- Towel and flip flops or water shoes for the pool (recommended)
- Money to buy treats in the student center daily (candy, soda, etc.)
- No electronic devises please (audio players, iPad, gameboys, PSP, etc.)
- Please do not bring cards of any sort (playing, athletic, Pokémon, etc.)
- PLEASE LABEL ALL PERSONAL ITEMS including Camp shirts (Lost & found will be located in the McQuaig Gymnasium)
- All 4 year old campers – Bring a towel or a kindermat for nap/rest time
WHAT TO DO?
- Attendance will be taken daily and an authorized signature required for pickup.
- LATE ARRIVALS – Please take your camper(s) to the proper location of where his/her group is at the time of your arrival
- Early pickups (prior to 3:00 p.m.) please notify your child’s counselor in the morning. Upon arrival go to the Administration Building, the camp director will be contacted to have your child brought to you.
- Telephone messages (urgent only please) will be handled through the School receptionist 407-469-2561.
- Lunch will be served daily at 11:15a.m. in the Martha Bedell Dining Hall.
- Before/After Care charges are to be paid Monday for the week without exception.
- Receipts for camp will be provided upon request.
Interested in registering for remaining camp sessions? 2015 MVA Summer Camp is $150 per camper. Please visit HERE. Before and after-care is available for a flat weekly rate of $25.00 starting at 7:00 a.m. and ending at 5:30 p.m.