On March 15th 2015, The Montverde Academy National Junior Honor Society traveled to Kissimmee to volunteer at Give Kids the World. Nineteen 7th, 8th, and 9th graders gave up their Sunday afternoon and evening to feed families. They spent the evening serving salad, passing out pot roast, delivering drinks, dishing up dessert, and cleaning up every crumb. Hundreds were fed and cared for at the Gingerbread House that evening. Give Kids the World houses families with children who are raising life-threatening illnesses during a once in a lifetime week in Central Florida. Families travel from all around the world to give their children a chance to play and be a kid. Many families arrive on Sunday afternoon for their week of fun, so the volunteers who feed them in the Gingerbread House have the unique opportunity to set the tone of their visit. The NJHS members from Montverde Academy did just that. From the first apron folded, to the final vacuum around the room, our students worked hard and did it with a smile.
- Middle School thespians earn top ratings at Florida State Jr. International Thespian Festival
- BFM study concentration hosts finance and investment extraordinaire W. Greg Holden
- MVA hosts 15th Annual Academic Tournament
- Eagles bring home multiple honorable mentions at 44th Annual High School Model UN conference
- Strings and Vocal students receive multiple ‘Superior’ and ‘Excellent’ scores at district competitions
- MVA Robotics Team takes top honors at Last Chance Battle Royale competition
- MVA students take top three spots in SAR Oration Contest
- Middle School Robotics League prepares for state competition
- Don’t miss ‘The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee!’
- Seventh-grade student Tyler Fricker wins MVA Spelling Bee
- Coming up!