On March 15th 2015, The Montverde Academy National Junior Honor Society traveled to Kissimmee to volunteer at Give Kids the World. Nineteen 7th, 8th, and 9th graders gave up their Sunday afternoon and evening to feed families. They spent the evening serving salad, passing out pot roast, delivering drinks, dishing up dessert, and cleaning up every crumb. Hundreds were fed and cared for at the Gingerbread House that evening. Give Kids the World houses families with children who are raising life-threatening illnesses during a once in a lifetime week in Central Florida. Families travel from all around the world to give their children a chance to play and be a kid. Many families arrive on Sunday afternoon for their week of fun, so the volunteers who feed them in the Gingerbread House have the unique opportunity to set the tone of their visit. The NJHS members from Montverde Academy did just that. From the first apron folded, to the final vacuum around the room, our students worked hard and did it with a smile.
- Don’t miss the sixth annual MAST tournament!
- Alumni Spotlight: Phuong Ha ’11
- MVA robotics league makes great strides in first year
- Eighth-grader T.J. Eubank wins Geography Bee
- Cleveland Indians shortstop, and MVA alum, Francisco Lindor speaks to MVA
- Middle School thespian students take top honors at District Competition
- Conservatory students bring holiday cheer to the community
- 2016 ‘Lessons and Carols’ performance draws over 1500 guests
- MVA gives back this holiday season and all year round
- Class of 2017 receives 56 fall college acceptances
- Coming up!