On March 15th 2015, The Montverde Academy National Junior Honor Society traveled to Kissimmee to volunteer at Give Kids the World. Nineteen 7th, 8th, and 9th graders gave up their Sunday afternoon and evening to feed families. They spent the evening serving salad, passing out pot roast, delivering drinks, dishing up dessert, and cleaning up every crumb. Hundreds were fed and cared for at the Gingerbread House that evening. Give Kids the World houses families with children who are raising life-threatening illnesses during a once in a lifetime week in Central Florida. Families travel from all around the world to give their children a chance to play and be a kid. Many families arrive on Sunday afternoon for their week of fun, so the volunteers who feed them in the Gingerbread House have the unique opportunity to set the tone of their visit. The NJHS members from Montverde Academy did just that. From the first apron folded, to the final vacuum around the room, our students worked hard and did it with a smile.
- Class of 2017 receives 56 fall college acceptances
- MVA thespians take home excellent and superior marks from District III Festival
- Meet the Eagle team: 10 things you didn’t know about Brian Hand
- Girls Varsity Soccer revels in hard-fought win against Viera High School
- MVA Swimmers compete at FHSAA State Championship meet
- “13: the Musical” nominated for 17 Dr. Phillips Center Applause Awards
- Three Montverde Academy Athletes Commit to College Basketball
- MVA students donate 66 pounds of Halloween candy to troops
- Cross Country team named FHSAA 2A Region 2 champions
- MVA Swim team dominates at District competition
- Coming up!