Dear Parents and Friends of the Academy:
This past week, we held two very successful events in The Center for Sportsmanship and Wellness with our athletic banquet and our Upper-school honors program. We welcomed nearly 670 students and parents for the athletic banquet for a sit down meal catered by Carrabbas, followed by speaker and Olympian Damu Cherry Mitchell, as well as individual awards by each of our athletic programs. Both events were a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the achievements of our student athletes!
I am pleased to report that after 15 years, we have finally gotten Academy Lane paved! No more chalky dust on your vehicles and no more unsightly road; it looks so much nicer and will continue to serve a valuable purpose for access to and from the athletic complex. Construction on the upper school academic building continues to progress at a great tempo, and we remain on track to be in the building by the opening of school in the fall.
As we enter the summer months, we will be working on a number of capital projects:
- painting classrooms in the Middle School
- new tables and chairs in the dining hall
- wainscoting the lower portion of the dining hall walls to match the new cabinets and painting
- painting the Lower School classrooms
- ceramic tile the first and second floor hallways
- ceramic tile the Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 classrooms
- Fine Arts building expansion of the crafts room
- Fine Arts building new carpet in the auditorium
- Reseal courts surfaces in the athletic center and McQuaig Activities building
- Change out lighting in the Library, Science, Administration, Lower School, Fine Arts and Middle School to LED lighting
- Install new lamp posts around the center of campus with LED lights
- Replacement of instructional technology projectors in the lower and middle school classrooms
- Install sod for additional multipurpose practice fields adjacent to the upper school classroom building once cottages are removed
In addition to these projects, the summer will be busy with lots of activity including our accredited summer school for Upper-school students, Spark programs in the Lower and Middle schools, recreational day camp, and a variety of sports camps.
Kindly take note of the examination schedules for the Middle and Upper schools and encourage your children to begin the preparation process early. Following the completion of exams, it is my hope that all of our students will travel safely home to enjoy creating wonderful memories with friends and family!