On Monday, March 16, 2015, South Lake Chamber of Commerce award sponsor Mr. Wesley Reed, of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., presented Montverde Academy senior Gloria Ashiya Katuka with the SLCC Student of the Month. The award was presented at the Chamber’s March Chamber Breakfast. Aside from her numerous academic, athletic, and extra-curricular achievements all while carrying a 4.14 GPA in AP and Honors Classes, Gloria captivated the audience during her acceptance speech as she bravely shared her story of life in war torn Nigeria and her subsequent escape. According to the Clermont News Leader, and in her own words, “…the opportunity to attend Montverde Academy literally saved my life.”
- MVA students sing in prestigious Middle School All-Honors choir
- New Middle School students welcomed at Transition Night
- Don’t miss the sixth annual MAST tournament!
- Alumni Spotlight: Phuong Ha ’11
- MVA robotics league makes great strides in first year
- Eighth-grader T.J. Eubank wins Geography Bee
- Cleveland Indians shortstop, and MVA alum, Francisco Lindor speaks to MVA
- Middle School thespian students take top honors at District Competition
- Conservatory students bring holiday cheer to the community
- 2016 ‘Lessons and Carols’ performance draws over 1500 guests
- Coming up!